Tuesday 9 December 2008

Where do i fit in......

As I mentioned yesterday at the end of my post, I have been assigned to help my dad with his new business venture. I'm not quite sure how I got the position, or if I'm even delighted, however I got it and all the work that goes with it.

Dad seems to think I should be given the title Customer Service, if this was the case I would be stuffing envelopes and taking calls. This I am not doing! Instead I have been asked to come up with ideas for the site, create over 20 emails, design a colour scheme and logo, as well as research and marketing. This is just for starters, I have received many phone calls from him since increasing my to do list. How many people in customer service do you know that do this? You are lucky if they can say your name correctly. I must also point out, this role I am doing is for free, I would say love, but i don't want to lie......

What is he doing while I'm doing all this? Well he is working on the functionality of the website, layout, features and of course the theory of how it's going to work. To remember all this, he's put it all down in a word document, which is ever expanding (over 60 pages infact) and being sent to me on a daily basis. I then have to read it and come up with any aspects I don't like or agree with.

Well as you can imagine, he doesn't agree with everything that I come up with, and nor do I always agree with him, so that's when the fun beings. Should we have an orange site, or a white, green and black one? Should it be called quiz or draw? And so on it goes, until one of us wins or gives in. If you have any comments i would love to hear them.........

No comments: