Sunday 21 December 2008

A weekend to remember......

I haven't written for a few days, due to a rather busy weekend. As some of you may already know I got a new car last weekend, excitement however hasn't lasted long.

Thursday evening I went out for a Chinese, while driving there in the rain my wiper blade fell off the car. Friday morning I had to go out and when I got to my destination I couldn't shut the car door. Luckily a man came to a damsel in distress and temporally fixed it. Due to the hard frost I must of broken the handle while trying to get in. Now I can only get in by climbing across from the passenger side.

It didn't stop there. On my way home I thought I would have a cigarette to calm the stress. I pushed the lighter in on the car and within a few seconds its shot out and landed on the gear stick material and started a little fire.

Friday evening I waited for the email to come from the web company. Dad still isn't happy with the overall design, however its only minor details that can be easily rectified. We are hoping this will be sorted before the Christmas holidays start.

On a happier note, my friend had a 40th birthday bash on Friday evening at our local pub. One drink lead to 2, then 3, then 4 and so on, until I was so intoxicated I thought it would be a wonderful idea to sing karaoke to my friend. I have the voice of, no not an angel, but more like a cat being strangled.

However the drink gave me the confidence to think I was the next Brittney Spears and I sang the famous "fairy tale of new york". A lovely song when sung well, however not on this occasion. The people cheered when I finished, however I feel this was more about the fact I was finished rather than how good I was! Did I have a hangover from hell the next day? oh yes..........

No comments: